Search This Blog

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Quick Update

The last few weeks have been packed, we returned from our cruise on 3/9 and the current situation began to immediately develop.   We got in under the wire and there were no issues on our ship.

The schools in our state closed on Monday, so I had my team work from home on that day and my company closed the building Tuesday.  I am very fortunate that I have a job that I can do effectively from home.

Otherwise, we are doing well and frankly have had little impact on our quality of life.  My wife and I prefer to be at home anyway!  Plenty of books, entertainment, and we have a large yard and it is time for us to start working in it anyway.  The weather yesterday was beautiful.

We are fortunate that we do not live in an urban area, so not a lot of feeling claustrophobic.  My 91-year-old father lives out in the country and they are taking reasonable precautions.  The only negative is we are staying away from the grandkids for another week just as a precaution.

I do not want to spark a debate on what is or is not an appropriate response, I have mixed feelings and it is outside of my area of expertise. But I am grateful that my wife and I are snug in our cozy house and there is no one I would rather be isolated with.


Now on to gaming, I have gotten some painting done the last few weeks:

  • Finished Painting the rest of my M-26 Pershing platoon and adding decals
  • Painted enough Germans from my 3mm Eastern Front project that I can try The Portable Wargame on the table
  • Did some maintenance on my 3d printer, including a new nozzle, cleaned it up, and relieved the bed (a pain!)
I hope all of my virtual gaming friends around the world are doing well, staying safe and supplied and getting some painting and gaming in!

2 comments:

  1. I understand your mixed feelings.
    My concern is that what we inadvertently sow now, our children will have to reap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you guys are staying snug and comfy!

    ReplyDelete