Search This Blog

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Preparing to play What A Tanker! and an outing

As many of us, I have been very busy in the last couple of weeks and adjusting to the current situation.  We are fortunate in that we live in a fairly rural area, have plenty of supplies, and a nice large yard.  My wife and I have been doing a lot of yard projects, taking walks, and soaking in the hot tub.  I know folks in dense urban areas do not have it as easy and if you are, hang in there!  My work has been pretty busy too and I have been logging a lot of hours as we respond to the shifting circumstances.

Of course, I hope all of my gaming friends around the world are persevering and staying safe.  I suspect that the wargaming community will do fairly well, as most of us are introverts to some degree or another and have built-in craft projects to work on.

I have been able to get some gaming related stuff in and we did have an outing today.  Now on with the show!

Preparing to play What A Tanker!

I am finally getting close to getting this on the table, especially since I have gotten less picky and want to give it a play, even if my tanks are not painted!  I did get the rest of my M-26 Pershing Platoon painted up and added decals. (Click pictures to enlarge)


Since I am doing the Korean War for WAT!, I need T-34/85's, M4A3E8 with 76mm gun and M-24 Chaffe light tanks.  Here are some I have printed up on my 3d Printer at 1/150 scale.  Behind them are my 3d Printed Trees I am fiddling with.  I will post pictures once I have them painted, but I think they are the solution to my problem of robust trees that do not shed but look decent.

And here is the table set up I shall be using soon, I need to do some dry runs before I hijack my wife to play.

An outing.... Lake Lure Flower Bridge

We have only left the house maybe twice in the last two weeks, and while it has been fun, we decided to get out today and stretch our legs.  It was a beautiful 80 degree Fahrenheit day and we drove up to Lake Lure, NC and visited the Flower Bridge.  There were a few people there, but it is not crowded even in normal times.

Here are some pictures fo you to enjoy...
 It is an old highway bridge that was replaced and abandoned and a group of local gardeners turned it into a very beautiful and creative flower garden.

I think I will build some fo these for the back yard.

 The area looks like this in all directions.

And we looked for plant and decorating ideas for our garden.  I am NOT a gardener of any stripe, but as everyone seems to be saying now "Don't let a good crisis go to waste!" and we are doing a lot of clean up and planning for our yard.








3 comments:

  1. Good game! If not a secret - where did you get the tree models?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remixed them from some I found on Thingieverse and scaled them down 50%. I will upload them and post here once I have done that so you can grab them if you like. I scaled them down 50% and plan to use them with my 10mm and my 6mm

      Delete
  2. Hi Patrick. I am slowly starting to get back into the swing of things. This winter of our discontent (aka lockdown) kind of took a mental toll on me. I am finding that the 1-100 scale tanks scale down nicely to 1-150 scale. I have an entire panzer regiment for RapidFire in the desert. If memory serves, you scaled up the 1-200 scale tanks. Right? What is your experience with them? I need to get an early crusader turret which M_Bergman only did in 1-200 scale so I'd scale it up. I am thinking of using that with a 1-100 scale crusader III scaled to 1-150. Trees and trenches are looking great BTW!
    John

    ReplyDelete