Search This Blog

Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Pledge, 2015

I am awash in figures and periods, far more than I could ever have dreamed of having when I started in miniatures 20+ years ago (or board wargames 30+ years ago).  Yet, I am bogged down physically, in terms of storage space, and psychologically by unfinished projects.

Over the last couple of years, I have endeavored to clear out those figures I will not use anytime soon.  I am going to continue to do this in 2015.  But, to take it a step further, I am going to take a radical pledge.

I will not purchase any wargaming figures in 2015.

Does not matter what scale, or period, not a single new figure.  Instead, I will focus on painting what I have (which is considerable) and working on terrain projects and most importantly, PLAYING GAMES.

I will keep the public informed of my progress.  I do hold open purchasing crafting and terrain material and occasional rule sets, hopefully this will not become my Achilles heel.

Wish me luck, and godspeed you in your gaming for 2015!



1 comment:

  1. I've made such promises and never kept them. Good luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete