Search This Blog

Saturday, February 16, 2019

In which I decide how to decide what to play next


Does that make it a meta-decision?

It is only February, and I am starting to experience wargaming ennui brought about by:
  • I am interested in too many periods of history so as a consequence…
  • I have too many projects

Yet, I have gifts that most of my peers do not have, an amazing and understanding wife that has given me a room in our house that I can:

  • Set up a game and leave it set up
  • And has a door so I can keep the cats out

So why am I not taking more advantage of it? Because I cannot decide what to play!  I have too many choices, too many figures.  So to combat this, I am going to separate my painting / building things from my gaming.  I will continue to work on projects, but I have plenty of stuff table ready I could be playing right now.  


I am going to leverage fate and use the table above to determine what my next solo game will be, with the intention of always having something on the table being set up or played. I can always pause and leave it set up.

So, using random.org’s random number generator that uses atmospheric noise, my first game with this new process will be…. Tank on Tank: Central Front!

I will start setting up the terrain tonight!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad the random generator picked Tank on Tank. I was going to drop a vote for it, anyways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, that is a good idea, maybe I will post a poll at some point? Glad you are enjoying it, let me know if you get a chance to try the rules or have any feedback. I am working (slowly) on a straight conversion of Tank on Tank: East Front, with big bases.

      Delete
  2. Decision paralysis - you are not alone!

    ReplyDelete