Search This Blog

Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas to all (or Saturnalia or holiday of your choice) and Trench Hammer is out!

(Apologies to all who commented on my last post, I take forever to get around to moderating the comments, thank you all for your kind feedback and I should be caught up)

I hope all of my wargaming compatriots are enjoying themselves this weekend and will have a good 2018.  I have the family and kids here including the new granddaughter and I must say that my life is very, very good. 

I did clean up for Christmas, here is what the wife got me!


Image result for gandhi and churchill book

Looks to be some good reading and good gaming!  I have played 1812 before and am eager to give it a go again after 20 years, and Combat Infantry may scratch that WW2 tactical itch I am having (I am sure there is a cream for that...)

Meanwhile, instead of playing out the rest of my AWI campaign, I have been doing dumb stuff like working.  But I did have the opportunity of collaborating with Ivan of Nordic Weasel games on an adaptation do Squad Hammer for WW1 tactical games.  If you are interested in the period, give it a spin!  You can cheaply field a platoon cheaply and quickly in scales from 20mm down to 6mm and play in an hour. 


Here are some Pendraken 10mm Germans I mounted on 40mm x 20mm bases, going to use 2 per squad, but any basing will work.  They are supported by a Maxim HMG in a fighting position built out of Sculpey clay.


And here are some Brits waiting to be painted...


Off to enjoy the rest of the holiday with the family, Merry Christmas!

1 comment: