Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Reading list for the cruise

 


Blog will go quiet again as the wife and I sail on the Carnival Mardis Gras for the first time. We cruise a lot, one of the advantages of having an empty nest, and will be spending a lot of that time in the steam room. (If you are a burglar, our kids will be house sitting for us, and my son in law has a Taurus Judge so good luck with that. Unless you are a Hobbit burglar, in which case have at it) 

I am trying to focus my reading for the trip, so will finish 1 fiction and 1 non-fiction work while we are gone.

I will be reading:




I am about 25% the way through already, but it is fascinating, and well written. It is a warm up for the Saxons and Vikings I am slowly painting up for my home brewed One Hour Skirmish Wargames Dark Age variant.

I will also finish:


I read an old paperback copy of Harold Lamb's history of the Crusades when I was 11, and it stoked my love of history even more.  He was a great writer and this is a rollicking story with wonderful historical detail. 

Good gaming to everyone until my return, when I suspect I will pick up OHSW again. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi, saw a thread on TMP from last year where you posted you were in Inman. I’m in Spartanburg, also a gamer. I like a lot of eras, but primarily I like 15/18 mm Napoleonics and WWII stuff (15mm Flames of War). When you get back from cruising, drop me an email, maybe we can work out a game ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I’m a gamer from Spartanburg, I saw your post on TMP about upstate gamers. I do mostly Napoleonics and WWII, but am up for a lot of different eras. Give me an email when you get back from cruising 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can join the SCHGS IO group. I started it last year and id not keep up with it, but I have some time and I will resurrect it. You can join here and ping me: https://groups.io/g/schgs

      Delete
    2. I'd really like to get in touch and push some lead, but I don't know how to contact you! I don't like sticking my email in blog comments, i am sure you do not either. If you can join our IO Group (it replaced our old Yahoo group) we have 6 people on it right now and keep it moderated so we do not get any spam.

      Delete