Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2022

One Hour Skirmish Wargames Gangster Shootout

 I had a quick opportunity to get some stuff on the table and played a game of One Hour Skirmish Wargames.  I cannot over state how much I recommend these rules. They provided a fast game, with a lot of tension with the card draws.  Even though they are simple compared to many other rules, I felt they gave a good game and what felt like a realistic result.

The scenario was a group of cops led by two Treasury Agents (Agent Black and Agent Grey) raiding the illegal liquor storage facility of the infamous Bugsy and Bunny gang.  I kept it simple, the goal is to break the opponent's morale.  If the forces of Law and Order break, they will fall back to regroup and the gangsters will be able to escape.  If the gangsters break, they will surrender and face a lot of prison time.

Only special rule I made up on the fly was, police contacting any "down" gangster are considered to have cuffed them and taken them prisoner.  Prisoners require a guards (at some ratio I never defined)  I played the game solo, twice, so that was not an issue.  Both games the Police scored a win.


Here are some pictures, click to enlarge:

The table set up.  Cops block both roads exiting the booze warehouse.  They had to borrow a truck from the local university.  The cars parked about are Bugsy's covert distribution network for hootch. 

This is all the prep I had to do!


Agent Black ducks for cover and thinks about delicious Ovaltine.

Lots of moving about and shooting...
Don't be a hero, Johnny!

End fo the first game, Johnny is nicked, and Bugsy lay in a pool of his own blood.  Live by the sword, die by 00 Buck delivered at close range, as they say.

I will be playing more of this, it is becoming my go to for fast man to man skirmishes.

Good gaming!

1 comment:

  1. A nice looking game and terrain setup. I too use these as my go to skirmish games, as you say they create tension and are fun. A few games can be played in an evening for a short campaign.

    ReplyDelete