Don't forget I have actually painted TWICE this amount for the double-blind game, one for the Soviet players and an identical set for the German table as units are spotted. Overkill? Probably, but that's how I roll...
The Corps consists of:
- 2 x Tank Brigades consisting of
- 4 x units of T-34's
- 2 units of SMG Tank Riders
- I Motor Rifle Brigade consisting of
- 6 x units of Motor Rifle Infantry
- 1 unit of 45mm Anti-Tank Guns
- Motorcycle battalion consisting of 2 x Lighta nd 2 x heavy recon elements
- Corps attachments
- 1 x SU-76 Assault Gun Regiment
- 1 x SU-85 Anti-Tank Regiment
- 1 x SU-152 Assault Gun Regiment
- Attached Artillery (from Army Level)
- 2 x 76mm Battalions
- 3 x Howitzer Battalions
- 2 x Rocket Battalions
- Logistics units: Trucks to use as counters in the rules
I figure each player will have 6-8 units, which should make them a little more conservative.
Right now, as we speak, I am printing out markers to indicate units that are firing (so when I umpire, I can keep up with that and remove the markers from units that have resolved their fire) and motorized movement markers to indicate motorized infantry units that are not moving tactically.
The rules themselves are still percolating, I will not start playtesting the mechanics until I have both forces painted up.
Next in the painting queue are the two Panzer Grenadier Regiments for the Panzer division. Stay Tuned!
Here is my Kanban Board progress: