Search This Blog

Friday, May 20, 2022

28mm 3d Printed Pulp Submarine



This is something I have been wanting to do for a while, now I can check off another box on my hobby bingo!

28mm Pulp Submarine on Thingiverse


I needed a 28mm Submarine for villains to pour out of when boarding the hero's tramp steamer in the South Pacific for games of Pulp Alley, Astounding Tales, etc. I needed it to be fairly big, but not too big, and historical accuracy was NOT a requirement.

So... I remixed a Oral B toothbrush holder, which is itself a remix of the bathtub U-Boat, scaled it up, and split it into 3 pieces to more easily fit onto my Ender 3.

The aft section does not fit very well, no matter how much I fiddled with it using my novice Tinkercad skills. I wound up having to file and cut to get it together, so be warned. you may want to adjust it yourself before printing.

I printed on my Ender 3 using the Fat Dragon games terrain Cura profile, but set the layer height to .12





No comments:

Post a Comment