Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Punitive Expedition, Campaign Turns 1 - 4

 See the previous post for slight correction to my Snakes and Ladders map...


Over the last week or so I have managed to slowly make progress on my Punitive Expedition solo snakes and ladders campaign.  here are the first few campaign turns and the first battle.  So far I love this mechanism, it is fast and easy and I like the excitement of the die roll.

Special thanks to Bob Cordery for a mention. Now on to the show.


Campaign turn 1 saw a roll of a six and excellent progress made.  I was fortunate enough to have some good weather and the column made good progress


Campaign Turn 2 saw ANOTHEr 6 rolled which led me directly to an ambush...


By terrible Anzique cannibals allied with the slavers.


I fought the battle using The Men Who Would Be Kings, with the smaller Skirmish Kings option.  It was my first outing with the rules.  It gave a quick game, close order volleys are devastating as they should be.  I managed to get a few pins on the tribal warriors and then cut them down.  The tribal musketeers were useless, as expected. Still getting used to the rules, I look forward to the next outing.  Here is a summary:


As I won, I slide forward (this is the arrow I left out of my original version but fixed)


Campaign roll 3 was uneventful


And campaign roll 4 sees my camp attacked!  we'll save that for next time.  Until then, good gaming!


3 comments:

  1. I love the way you have told the story of your skirmish using the cartoon-style storyboard!

    I look forward to seeing what happens next!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea, excellent execution! What program or app did you use for your AAR?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys! I used Comic Life 3, my wife needed it for her work. I have used a previous version before and it is nice for pulling together battle reports.

      Here is are some I did a while back... http://jozistinman.blogspot.com/search/label/IHMN

      Delete