Search This Blog

Saturday, August 15, 2020

So what now?

 Now that I am rolling off of my Master's program, I will have more free time to devote to my love of gaming.  

So now what?

Over the last year, I have been pecking away and finished my 3mm WW2 East Front project, I need to take pictures of the whole lot and get them posted.  The whole effort has been for a double-blind convention game I intend to run.  Well, conventions may be thin on the ground for a bit longer, but I still want to get it wrapped up, including rules.  

Now I need to decide what to focus on.  I am starting to worry that I have dug myself into a hole again with too many projects, maybe itemizing them will help.  

  1. 3mm WW2 East Front Project
    1. Needs rule playtesting
    2. Schedule some games, I was thinking about renting the back room at a nearby coffee shop.
  2. Pulp Alley
    1. I got a few games in with my nephew and I think I have a good grip on the rules now.
    2. I have TONS of figures, so could focus on playing OR
    3. Work on the bags of figures I have available to paint. Or both
  3. 6mm AWI Skirmish
    1. I have 6mm Armies for the Southern Campaign, but I also have a half-complete project in 6mm for playing small skirmishes with lots of militia and partisans using Rebels and Patriots or Sharp Practice 2
    2. Just need to finish up the painting, maybe 48 more militia and about the same number of Loyalists
  4. WW1
    1. I have a half complete trench system I 3d printed specifically sized for my 10mm troops, I could finish it up and then start playing Trench Hammer again.
  5. Travel Battle 1000 AD (with Orcs too) with Portable Wargame
    1. I painted up my travel battle boards (I have 2 sets) and I decided the best use would be to lure my wife in with some Tolkien-esque flavor.  So, I have been rebasing my 6mm Orcs and Normans again on 20mm squares.
    2. I figured I could also use them for half scale Lion Rampant / Dragon Rampant, with 4 x 20mm square bases per unit.  Each base would be worth 3 hit points or whatever they call them, so should work fine. 
    3. On top of Normans (aka Rohan) and Orcs, I have bags of Baccus troops for 10th-11th Century Italy (Arabs, Lombards, Byzantines) and Britain in the same period (Vikings and Anglo-Danes).  Ditto I can use them on the Travel Battle board or Lion Rampant
    4. AND... I am fiddling with DIY Portable wargame modular terrain in Tinkercad for 3d printing.
  6. Korean War
    1. I really really want to do his project.  I have all the stuff I need, Bags of troops from Pendraken in 10mm, and all the tanks I could every need 3d printed over the last year.
    2. I could get a quick win with this one, painting a 1:1 platoon per side and playing Squad Hammer and then beefing up for bigger battles. AND I have the stuff to put together a What a Tanker! game with the tanks.  
And I have other stuff too:
  1. 1/600 scale WW3 Central Front painted and table ready
  2. 1/600 scale Sci Fi Hammer's slammers Esque ready for the table
  3. 6mm Sci Fi Skirmish to be painted
  4. Misc 28mm Pulp / Colonials that need painting
One conclusion after typing this up... I WILL NOT BUY ANY MORE FIGURES OR START ANY NEW PROJECTS.  I have liquidated my collection a few times before as it became an albatross around my neck, and I can feel it creeping back up again. 

Decisions decision.  Going to noodle this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment