Search This Blog

Friday, January 4, 2019

2019 Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men

There is nothing more irritating than having silly things like jobs interfere with the main purpose of life, which is playing with toy soldiers. But, alas, for the last month or so I have been doing some consulting in the evenings, and unfortunately it does not include wargaming.  Hopefully I will be able to restore balance soon.

Meanwhile in my professional life, I subscribe to Eisenhower’s maxim that “The plan isn’t important, the planning is.”  In that spirit, I have decided to set my priorities and set some specific hobby goals for this year.  And I am going to take a variation of “the pledge” and will not start any new projects until these are done.

The Great War with Trench Hammer

  1. Rework my Great War resources page
  2. Create and post video tutorials for the rules
  3. Finish painting the remaining 10mm troops, odds and ends
  4. Play at least 8 games of Trench Hammer based on scenarios from the TFL book
The Ruritanian-Elbonian War of 1925 (Imagi-nations)
  1. These troops are painted and ready for the table! Pictures will follow
  2. Create site with background info and post my rules based on The Portable Wargame
  3. Play at least 12 scenarios during the year from CS Grants Scenarios for Wargames
6mm AWI skirmish with Patriots and Rebels
  1. Finish painting forces for the campaign in the Carolinas
  2. Play at least 6 games 
Korean War
  1. Paint the pucoarmor forces I already bought
  2. Start playing Hammer of Democracy 
  3. As a stretch goal, paint up the aircraft I have for some air gaming
WW2 East Front with Tank on Tank board game rules
  1. I have recently bought the game and want to convert it to picocarmor on big bases.
Ok that ought to hold me for 2019!  I will update this weekend and add a checklist to the sidebar.

2 comments:

  1. Noble and totally achievable goals. They definitely help with sanity when you have multiple projects! Looking forward to more WWI action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always good to plan. I look forward to seeing how you go with your WW2 Tank on Tank conversion to the tabletop.

    ReplyDelete