Search This Blog

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Siege of Augusta, Part 1: The games

Thanks to everyone who played in my games at Siege of Augusta Saturday, and especially thanks to my lovely and talented wife, without whom it would not have been possible.   She did all of the terrain set up and without her support, there is no way I could have done this three times in one day!

Here is some promised info:

I'll be posting my Siege report in 3 parts:
  1. Recaps and pictures of the games (I ran 3 on Saturday)
  2. An After Action Review of how they went from a GM point of view
  3. Some observations about the con.

Game 1: The world was saved, the girl was saved, and Fu Manchu made off with the artifact








Game 2: The girl was saved, the cultists stopped, but Fu Manchu summoned the Old Ones for his own nefarious schemes!





Game 3: The world was saved, the girl was saved, Doc Savage Gunned down, the slavers summoned a dinosaur, and Fu Manchu hypnotized it!







I hope everyone who played had a good time.  It was a lot of fun to run and every game someone came up with something new to try.  Thanks once again to my wife and until next time, good gaming!

8 comments:

  1. Though perhaps a tad impetuous, my RCMP comrades suffered unduly at the hands of trigger-happy Nazi with no concept of victory conditions. I remain proud of our life-saving efforts, man and dog, squeaking out a shared success, whilst the ever flamboyant Fu Manchu deftly absconded with 'victory', like Alabama in a playoff game... Yeah, That's IT!! "Roll (Yellow) Tide, Roll" A thoroughly delightful adventure!! Why does it always hafta be Nazis??

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great game! I may use your website to get my lovely wife to attend. But she has to play a side with a faithful dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly enough, I have maybe 5 or 6 different dog side kicks, including the husky, a greyhound, and German Shepard, and a bloodhound! It's not a game without at least one dog. And maybe a monkey.

      Delete
  3. Didja get the raffle tickets I left for ya in the Grumman?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did, thank you! But, we did not stay for the raffle, we drove home after the last game, so I gifted them forward to the youngest player in the last game, who I think was about 12 or 13... Just spreading the love.

      Delete
  4. Great stuff. Looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir! It was a blast, and I was fortunate to have great, fun, pulpy players in ever game!

      Delete
  5. Hello,
    a very good read...
    I would be very interested in your USMC league - could you share some pics of the character cards?
    Cheers
    Mad

    ReplyDelete