Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Hirst Arts Molds... Brilliant!

I have rediscovered what must be the most amazing terrain product in this or any other universe... Hirst Arts molds!  Check out the website then come back...

Ok, maybe 10 years ago I had one of his molds, but lost it in a move.  Recent, I used the proceeds of one of my figures sales to buy 5 molds in the field-stone line and a 15 pound bag of Merlin's Magic grey colored dental plaster.

I must say the results are amazing!  I did not build a vibrating table or anything fancy, just poured the plaster into the molds and viola! I can now build just about any terrain I want for Frostgrave, Lion Rampant, etc.  He has a huge selection, including Egyptian themed and SCi-Fi molds.

I cannot recommend this product enough, below are some pictures of my first building, I just went with the Wizard's tower instructions from the web site.  Since taking these, I have built 4 ruins and a stone cottage of my own design in no time flat.  Just cast the molds 2-3 times a day and you soon have a nice stack of bricks to build over the weekend.

Enjoy and GO OUT AND BUY THESE!  (click on pictures to enlarge)

Here are the molds I bought.  They may seem expensive, but given how many buildings I have churned out already, well worth the investment.

My first set of bricks.

Here is my tower in progress.  I built a full version and a ruin at the same time.

Further in progress with a 28mm D&D figure for scale.

Done, with the roof lifted off.

The final product, ready to be fought in and over!

No comments:

Post a Comment